Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spiritus Friends Forum Index -> Fury Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikishi_Tank

re: Resist Sets

Just putting up a post here, suggested to me by Tayghan. Wanted to know which of our tanks has their resist sets created (or started to be created), and which type(s) they have. This is particularly for Hydrosses, though it can apply to all in general, just needing to see who's got what sets, so we can gear up our newer tank (my lazy self included ;P) with resist sets without missing what we need. Tayghan mentioned the possibility of make them a guild effort (with EPGP reward), though I do not confirm this (it's still in planning), just need to know what we got already.
Marcol

re: Hyrdoss Offtank Resist

I'v got an ok offtank set for Hydross with a mix of nature/frost resistance. Working on getting some crafted pieces in there to replace the greens I'm currently using.

I've got a sweet arcane resist set. Not sure if or when this one will come in handy.
Tayghan

re: Hydross Resist Sets - A Message to Our Tanks

Thank you Aegisa for starting this thread.

The Hydross fight requires 2 MTs, one in full frost resist and one in full nature resist sets. It also requires 2-4 OTs in 1/2 nature and 1/2 frost resist. For this fight, Warriors and Pallys make the best MTs, and Pally's and Druids OTs.

We have decided on the following: 2 Pally tanks (Durell and Aegisa), and 2 Warrior tanks (Avelmili and Evor) each with a full set of either Frostguard or Wildguard. The Pally's should also have the ability to adjust their sets to 1/2 and 1/2 nature/frost so they can OT if needed. In addition, we will have 2-3 Druids (Marcol, Tayghan, Alkurthora) as OTs in 1/2 and 1/2 resist sets. This way, due to our Casual-Raiding atmosphere, should someone be unable to attend the raid, we have backups!

So far we have 2 full resist sets, one each Iceguard and Wildguard. Each set has all three pieces: Helm, Chest, Legs. Avelmili has Nature, and Durell Frost, and both sets were brought over from SM. Also Marcol and Tayghan have been working on their Druid sets, so we will have 2 MTs and 2 OTs ready for our first crack at Hydross this weekend, May 25, 08. We still need 1-2 more OTs in 1/2 and 1/2 resist for this weekend.

We need 2 more sets made for Aegisa (Wildguard) and Evor (Iceguard). We have the blacksmiths to make the sets, but we need the mats! Between the 2 guild banks we have some of these materials already, including some Primal Nethers, but many more mats are needed, especially the [Primal Fire] , [Primal Life] , [Primal Shadow] , and [Primal Water] .

Our guild needs to pull together and help farms these mats, and in exchange you will receive EP for your efforts, up to a capped amount TBD. Due to the fact the guild bank is not deposit/withdraw friendly atm, please give the mats to either Valoron or Tayghan for now, and log your donation by replying to this post. Here is a complete list of needed materials:

Iceguard Set:
[Item]Iceguard Breastplate[/item]: 8 Khorium Bars, 12 Primal Water, 12 Primal Fire, 1 Primal Nether.
[Iceguard Helm] : 8 Khorium Bars, 12 Primal Water, 12 Primal Fire, 1 Primal Nether.
[Iceguard Leggings] : 8 Khorium Bars, 12 Primal Water, 12 Primal Fire, 1 Primal Nether.

Wildguard Set:
[Wildguard Breastplate] : 8 Felsteel Bar, 12 Primal Life, 12 Primal Shadow, 1 Primal Nether
[Wildguard Helm] : 8 Felsteel Bar, 12 Primal Life, 12 Primal Shadow, 1 Primal Nether
[Wildguard Leggings] : 8 Felsteel Bar, 12 Primal Life, 12 Primal Shadow, 1 Primal Nether

[Pendant of Thawing] : 2 Felsteel Bar, 6 Primal Fire, 4 Primal Water, Mercurial Adamantite
[The Frozen Eye] : 4 Mercurial Adamantite, 2 Khorium Bar, 6 Primal Water, 6 Primal Fire

[The Natural Ward] : 4 Mercurial Adamantite, 2 Felsteel Bar, 6 Primal Life, 6 Primal Shadow
[Pendant of Withering] : 2 Felsteel bars, mercurial adamantite, 4 Primal Life, 6 Primal Shadow

TOTAL:
10 [Mercurial Adamantite]
26 [Khorium Bar]
28 [Felsteel Bar]
46 [Primal Water]
48 [Primal Fire] (have 40)
48 [Primal Shadow] (have 10)
46 [Primal Life]
6 [Primal Nether]

Also the Druids will need gems and void spheres to resocket our old Clefthoof sets, and posibly mats for enchants. We are currently working on our sets so our needs are TDB.

Last edited by Tayghan on 05/23/2008 13:05; edited 4 times in total
Tayghan

re: Warlock Tanking Sets for Leothoras the Blind

Here is a link to the Wowhead comments section on the Leothoras the Blind fight:
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=21215#comments

Since this will be the last boss we take on before Lady Vashj, we have at least 4 weeks to help gear up Yunalesca and Blackelement. If there are other locks that want to gear themselves up for this fight, please speak up. Our priority list of gearing will be Yunalesca, then Blackelement, followed by other locks who wish to have this tanking ability.

Only 1 lock is needed to tank Leothoras, but having backups is always a good idea. Locks, please post a list of what you need from the guild so we can help you achieve this goal.
Yunalesca

re: Lock Tank Gear

After doing some Theorycrafting and fourm searching I have a list gear that should do the trick along with enchants:

Gear:
- [Infernoweave Leggings] (30 x [Badge of Justice] )
- [Amulet of the Torn-heart ] (From the completion of the Cipher of Damnation quest)
- [Phoenix-Fire Band] (from the completion of the Trial of the Naaru: Magtheridon quest)

Enchants:
- Hands = [Enchant Gloves - Threat] ([4 x [Small Prismatic Shard] ] [2 x [Greater Planar Essence] ] [8 x [Primal Life] ])
- Head = [Glyph of Fire Warding]
- Leggings = [Lesser Arcanum of Resilience] (I need to look into the quest for this enchant)
- Cloak = [Enchant Cloak - Greater Fire Resistance] (The mats listed are wrong on this tool tip, It's: [3 x [Small Prismatic Shard] ] [3 x [Greater Planar Essence] ] [4 x [Essence of Fire] ])

Those are the key items for a lock fire tanking build. As Blackelement pointed out, the Flameheart set is also a good alternative for the chest and gloves. I also agree with Black in that it would be prudent to gear a back up as well, seeing as how according to these mats it won't much more effort than it is to gear me up. On that point here is some gear, relative to my own, that will be require for me specifically:

-[Ashyen's Gift] or [Vindicator's Band of Dominance]

As you can see, this is more stuff that I'll have to get mostly on my own, however a group will help immensely. As well, I will be donating my PvP helm to the cause, as there doesn't seem to be enough time to grind up another one. Thus the tally is

-(9 x [Badge of Justice] )
-(3 x [Small Prismatic Shard] )
-(8 x [Primal Life] )
- 15100 honor
- 341 Arena points
-Mag run
-Cipher of Damnation completion

should just about cover it. I'm open to any thoughts; Seeing as how we have about 4 weeks until this need to be done, I say it's do-able. In any event, we all got some work to do :-/

I will be updating this accordingly

Update:

-I have intentionally left out a gloves enchant as I still had some theorycrafting to do regarding threat generation. After much work I found that [Enchant Gloves - Threat] is more effective in this instance then the spell damage one (as well, cheaper to do). I've added the enchant and mats to the above tally

Last edited by Yunalesca on 06/09/2008 13:06; edited 8 times in total
Werwulf_EI

As far as the void spheres go, we got so many void crystals in the SM bank that all of the enchanters in the guild could make a ton of em in one night.

Just a thought.

re: Resist Mats

Here's what I dug up out of my bank:

1 Primal Nether
1 Primal Life
4 Primal Water
4 Felsteel Bars
7 Primal Shadow
5 Khorium Bars

On its way to you Tay!

-D

"My Comrades are my Weapons, and I am their Shield." - Unknown

"The Unstoppable Object"
Raevan

Have given Tayghan:

14 Primal Fires
7 Motes of Fire
13 Primal Shadows
1 Mote of Shadow
10 Primal Life (2 bought in AH for 25g each)
2 Primal Nether

(it stings... just a little.. hehehe)

Glad to be able to help!
NevRaeBellSaph

Last edited by Raevan on 05/24/2008 17:04; edited 3 times in total
avendencre

I gave Tay 10 [Primal Shadow] s and 1.3[Primal Fire] s a day ago

Mr. DeDeeDe

Tree + Fire = Party /dance
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spiritus Friends Forum Index -> Fury Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: