View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tayghan

re: Opportunity for Fury with Equilibrium

ok, just when I was ready to see Fury go completely casual, I get the following e-mail from Sacrifice (the Fury Warrior who raided with us for about a month). I have replied to him (see below) and am pursuing a co-guild opportunity with them. Hopefully we will be discussing details on vent later tonight/this week. If all goes well, we can sub in a co-guild run for this weekend! Maybe this is the huge wake-up call our people need. Who is on board? Questions/Concerns?

-Tay

Copied e-mail from Sacrifice:

Hey Tay,

It's been a few weeks since we've chatted, and I am finally starting to get the hang of things with school. I have a moment and I wanted to drop you a line as something has been brought to my attention.

I told you when I applied that Sacrifice was an alt whose main is in Equilibrium. What I left out is that my main is the GM of Equilibrium. Today I approach you in that capacity.

One of my officers informed me that you all might be interested in doing joint raids into the Tier 6 instances. We are a bit light on manpower as of late and my understanding is that you guys are in a similar boat.

I wanted to gauge your interest and see if you have any thoughts on about how to approach such a thing. I am only ingame sporadically, so PM's or e-mail is the best way to get in touch with me. I have the internet & e-mail on my phone, so I should be able to respond rather quickly, and if you want to chat in vent, I can make arrangements to get ingame between 4pm and 9pm server time as long as I have advance notice.

Equilibrium's website if you want to check it out for any reason and/or get an account created for our forums is http://www.eq-ysera.com

Please get back to me as soon as you are able. I look forward to your response and further discussion in this regard.

Thanks for your time,

Calistohelix
GM of Equilibrium

My Reply to Calistohelix:

Hi there,

Actually Jun told me that your main was the alt of the Equilibrium GM last Sunday, and my response was like, "really? wow...ok." Having been an offier in Fury and one of the driving forces behind the merger (prior to that my husband Thanatis was GM of Spiritus Mundi, and when he burnt out I couldn't stand the thought of seeing all our friends and his vision for our guild dissolve, so the merger with Fury was an great opportunity for both sides back on May 10.)

Well, if you've read the recent forums, I've a few guildies who have it out for me for wanting to push Fury into T6 content <sigh> hence my reaching out to Jun on Sunday. I can go into details over vent as that will be easier, but for a synopsis, Fury has 10-15 solid players and a bunch who want to learn. Several of our hard core players have taken a break from the game or are working on alts for the expansion. I myself am starting school next Monday, and with week after week of drama coming from the same people, I'm pretty fried atm. But I still love the game and really want to see the hard working, loyal people in Fury get to where they are striving to be!! That stated, if there is a way to merge the groups, either co-guild, merged guild, new guild, whatever at this point, idc as long as we can keep progressing with content. Gear...bahh...it will all get replaced by lvl 75 so it's really not a driving factor for many of the serious raiders now. We like to raid, solve the puzzles and have fun with talented, like minded people! Fury has become the T4-T5 token factory lately, and I'm personally sick of the setbacks.

What I proposed to Jun was, Equilibrium can call the shots. I can give you a list of Fury members to Armory, and you guys can decide if you want to run a co-guild run with us. If you have another idea, please share.

I can be on vent at anytime, just say when!

-Tayghan
Tayghan

After a 2 hour vent conversation with Calistohelix this afternoon, we mutually agreed to the following.

1) He will let EQ healers, and those with appropriately geared alts know about our MH raids (hopefully we can schedule one again really soon)! Emphasis was on us needing healers more than anything.

2) Proposal for a co-guild Vashj & Kael on probably a Saturday night or other off-raid night!

3) I am to submit a list of names to Calistohelix tonight for consideration on joining EQ BT raid nights, which are Tues & Wed 9pm - 1am server. EQ hasn't had a raid in 4 weeks due to low sign up, so we would be helping them while getting to see some of the BT content. EQ will approve the players from our guild, and those players must then create an account on their sign up website, and sign up for raids. http://www.calistohelix.com/eqraids/ The EQ raid leader then slots players for the raid, and if there is room for Fury members to go, they will be slotted and treated like a regular EQ raid member once they are accepted into the raid. Fury members will follow EQ rules and must be prepared for the content ahead of time.

This is where we have mutually chosen to start, with the desire for it to benefit both guilds overall. The emphasis is on seeing content and not loot! I have started a list of names to submit, and am including links to past WWS reports. Please look over the list, and add or subtract names to it. Keep in mind tanks and healers have to be exceptionally well geared for the content, and Calistohelix did run with our guild on Sacrifice for a few weeks and knows how many of us play, (He mentioned things like calling for innervates or who to heal over vent, outbursts or other back-talk on vent, and not knowing your loot upgrades would not be tolerated in their raids). This list should be as fair as possible. Some will choose not to take the opportunity and others simply won't have the schedule for it, but Calistohelix did mention possibly adding an extra raid night if this works out, so the list of names needs to be all inclusive.

Aegisa
Angellica
Avelmilli
Avendencre
Brihd
Dellcia
Dragkoni
Durell
Edoran
Eviscera
Faery
Galiant
Gallroth
Gewaltig
Heresy
Jinty
Kriel
Marcol
Rielwyntar
Sabeen
Sathrya
Thanatis
Testdummy
Valoron
Xintiss
Yunalesca

Last edited by Tayghan on 10/11/2008 12:54; edited 1 time in total
Sathyra

im up for it, tay. as i said on my other post.
cheers
sath
Marcol

OK, here's a first draft of a post for the guild. Have at it, and don't hesitate to add, remove, change, and otherwise tear it up.

As you know, we’ve been working hard as a guild to get out of SSC and TK farm content and on to more challenging fights. Many of our more experienced players have been at it for months and would very much like to try more of the high-end content before the expansion. We’re going to continue working as a guild to master more fights and push upward, but for those who are thoroughly prepared, there may be some opportunities to raid T6 content, beginning next week.

Many of you remember raiding with Sacrifice, prior to his acceptance into medical school. Sacrifice happens to be an alt of Calistohelix, the GM of Equilibrium. Having raided with us for a short time, he has seen that some of our players are ready for T6 content. It also happens that with the expansion coming, Equilibrium, like Fury, has been somewhat short on raiders. So the plan is to team up and kick some ass, in a couple of mutually beneficial ways.

We’re going to try to schedule some co-guild Vashj and Kael runs, probably on Saturdays or some other off night.

Members of Equilibrium will join us when they can to help fill holes in our normal Friday and Sunday raid nights.

Fury members will be given a chance to fill holes in Equilibrium’s Black Temple raids, which occur on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 9PM to 1AM server time.

Black Temple raids will work like this. Calistohelix has a list of all of our regular raiders. In addition to his experience raiding with us, the Equilibrium officers will armory us, check WWS, maybe ask questions, etc, to determine who is prepared to raid Black Temple. Those who are prepared will get a logon to the Equilibrium website, where they’ll be able to sign up for the raids.

Black Temple raids will be Equilibrium raids, run by Equilibrium rules. Anyone who goes will be expected to follow those rules, study the hell out of the fights ahead of time, be courteous, show up on time and repaired, and bring the necessary consumables.

The point of the Black Temple raids will be to experience the content. You will be treated like a normal Equilibrium raider and you may receive loot. But if you’re expecting T6 tokens to be handed out like candy, don’t bother signing up. If you have trouble following directions or accepting criticism, once again, don’t bother.

A lot of us have busy schedules and many fun things to do besides WOW. You are definitely not required to sign up for these raids. They are intended to be an optional bonus for those who have worked their asses off for so long.

Obviously, not everyone will be able to attend these raids. Whether it’s determined that you’re not prepared, or whether there just isn’t a slot open for your class and spec, please understand that it’s nothing personal. If you’re not putting out enough dps, or not reacting quickly enough to raid situations, or whatever the reason is for not being ready, all of that can be fixed with time, effort, and a hunger for advice. By having some of the guild in these fights, it will be beneficial to all of us. It will just make our guild raids that much stronger.

I hope you’re as excited about all this as I am. It should be a damn fun time.
Tayghan

replying to Marcol's drafted post.

1) Calistohelix is not going to medical school, maybe just say he's gone back to school and leave teh details out of it. (It's actually radiology for nursing with a nuclear medicine path.)

2) Add flasks to necessary consumables.

3) Add to the point of Black Temple raids paragraph, Equilibrium is a harder core raiding guild than Fury. This is the next step raid wise for us in game, and they have a low tolerance for stupid behavior. You will be called out for dumb-ass behavior, etc....or something to that effect

4) Add something to last paragraph with emphasis about Fury officers not being the ones choosing who gets to go.

5) Emphasize this is occurring on nights that don't conflict with Fury's current schedule, and those who get to go will be able to teach other Fury members the content when Fury is ready as a guild to do the content. etc. blah, blah, blah.

There is my 2 cents!

Also, I would like to run this by Calisto once before we post it to make sure he agrees with it. He may have notes to add to it from the EQ side.

-Tay

Last edited by Tayghan on 09/12/2008 10:44; edited 1 time in total
Sathyra

good points, tay. i agree with tay on the changes, and the post looks way cool.. any other officers want to add something? or can we post it?

cheers,
sath
Tayghan

Marcol, Gallroth and I agreed to wait until after Sunday's raid to announce and post it. Marcol was concerned announcing it sooner would mess up this weekend's raids. Also, I would like to have Calistohelix review it once before posting to be absolutely sure both guilds are in agreement before posting something in writing, and so it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass later.

Once Marol's draft is edited, I'll message a copy to Cal via the EQ website.

-Tay
Durell

Love it.

-D

"My Comrades are my Weapons, and I am their Shield." - Unknown

"The Unstoppable Object"
Marcol

Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely agree with sending this to Sacrifice to make sure he's cool with it. Here's a second draft based on your suggestions.

As you know, we’ve been working hard as a guild to get out of SSC and TK farm content and on to more challenging fights. Many of our more experienced players have been at it for months and would very much like to try more of the high-end content before the expansion. We’re going to continue working as a guild to master more fights and push upward, but for those who are thoroughly prepared, there may be some opportunities to raid T6 content, beginning next week.

Many of you remember raiding with Sacrifice, prior to him going back to school. Sacrifice happens to be an alt of Calistohelix, the GM of Equilibrium. Having raided with us for a short time, he has seen that some of our players are ready for T6 content. It also happens that with the expansion coming, Equilibrium, like Fury, has been somewhat short on raiders. So the plan is to team up and kick some ass, in a couple of mutually beneficial ways.

We’re going to try to schedule some co-guild Vashj and Kael runs, probably on Saturdays or some other off night.

Members of Equilibrium will join us when they can to help fill holes in our normal Friday and Sunday raid nights.

Fury members will be given a chance to fill holes in Equilibrium’s Black Temple raids, which occur on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 9PM to 1AM server time.

Black Temple raids will work like this. Calistohelix has a list of all of our regular raiders. In addition to his experience raiding with us, the Equilibrium officers will armory us, check WWS, maybe ask questions, etc, to determine who is prepared to raid Black Temple. Those who are prepared will get a logon to the Equilibrium website, where they’ll be able to sign up for the raids. Fury officers are not deciding who will go

Black Temple raids will be Equilibrium raids, run by Equilibrium rules. Anyone who goes will be expected to follow those rules, study the hell out of the fights ahead of time, be courteous, show up on time and repaired, and bring the necessary consumables (buff food, potions, flasks).

The point of the Black Temple raids will be to experience the content. You will be treated like a normal Equilibrium raider and you may receive loot. But if you’re expecting T6 tokens to be handed out like candy, don’t bother signing up. If you have trouble following directions or accepting criticism, once again, don’t bother. Equilibrium raids are more more hard core than Fury raids. You will be called out if you mess up.

A lot of us have busy schedules and many fun things to do besides WOW. You are definitely not required to sign up for these raids. They are intended to be an optional bonus for those who have worked their asses off for so long.

Obviously, not everyone will be able to attend these raids. Whether it’s determined that you’re not prepared, or whether there just isn’t a slot open for your class and spec, please understand that it’s nothing personal. If you’re not putting out enough dps, or not reacting quickly enough to raid situations, or whatever the reason is for not being ready, all of that can be fixed with time, effort, and a hunger for advice. Fury officers are not deciding who will go, so don't complain to us about it. But please do feel free to ask us or more experienced members within your class what you can do to improve.

By having some of the guild in these fights, it will be beneficial to all of us. It will just make our guild raids that much stronger when we get to this content ourselves. Also, since these raids do not occur on normal Fury raid nights, we'll still be able to do our normal Fury raids at the regular times.

I hope you’re as excited about all this as I am. It should be a damn fun time.
Gallroth

It looks damn good, and i think it does a nice job presenting this as an opportunity to see the content and not like we are all looking to move on to bigger and better things. Hopefully we can all get the message out there and get some people excited about it...I'd say it's good to go.

Laterz,
Gall
Tayghan

Looks good. I will message it to Cal today for his approval.

-Tay
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiritus Friends Forum Index -> Fury Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: