View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
nigligent

re: Raid loot systems (DKP, EP/GP...)

looks great. i was having some reservations about some of the aspects of suicide kings - IE how do we reward people who contribute more? and how do we dock those who never bring consums and never show up on time? moving them up or down the list has more affect on those around them than the actual person.

i think this is teh bst.

I'd like to forward a tweak that I'd mentioned to Khelos last night, for everyone else's consideration.

EP for boss kills should be awarded to both those in the raid, and those online and available for the duration of the raid. This in part, compensates those who don't get to be in that raid. Just being in the raid, in itself has value.

EP for wipes should only be awarded to those in the wipe. Since these people will have incurred a repair cost, the EP bonus compensates them somewhat, a cost that people not in the wipe will not incur.

IMHO, the thing to remember in any DKP system, is that the "commodity" with the most utility to any player, is presence in the raid. After all, the highest EP/GP calculated Priority, serves one little, if they are not present for the drop.

correct sile, all the ep in the world doesn't get you a drop outside. I think the main concern is that there are people who already dont need anything else from Gruul/mag who will 'happily' sit outside and get lots of EP, and 0 balancing GP. This allows them to stack their ratio, in hopes of grabbing what they want in the TK runs, etc. This obviously doesn't work in the long haul, but if you attend a gruul/mag run outside, then go right into TK, your EP/GP is going to be pretty nice.

I think maybe EP for boss kills only, no time EP, no wipe EP. Or maybe a reduced ep? 50%, 75%?

I know that EP/GP has some built in decay and counter-balance to hoarding, but I still think its possible to artificially inflate it. Something to watch, is all.

Quote:
I think the main concern is that there are people who already dont need anything else from Gruul/mag who will 'happily' sit outside and get lots of EP, and 0 balancing GP.

Hurm. I hadn't thought of that. However, the same result can happen from going to every Gruul/Mag, and simply not getting a drop. The EP accumulation is the same.

I suspect the point degradation and the Priority plummet after getting a drop would balance this out in the long run, whether your EP abundance is by fate or by design.

As it stands now, Gruuls still seems to be a very desirable place to be. It's fun, short, and very rewarding materially. As I suspect Mag will be. I think we have the luxury or time to see how the system plays out, before Gruul/Mag fatigue forces us to take a hard look at the EP totals.

Last edited by Sile on 02/18/2008 16:11; edited 1 time in total

the only form of hoarding would be for raids within weeks, like u get some this week for the next, top, of course some classes have fewer drops than others, but its just like that. in a way it compensates getting ur drops as soon as possible cause others have a lot of stuff to get and wont get like the tier probably in ur front.
if u show up to the raids even to sit on standby.

and also welcome sile to join us.
a topic we need to discuss is officers resposibilities, what each officer will be doing, we havent organized that in the past and i feel its time we do that. so we can handle things in a better and optimized way.

cheers
sath
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spiritus Friends Forum Index -> Fury Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: